Friday, March 5, 2010

Ancestral Health MeetUps

Over the past week, I've enjoyed meeting up with the following Ancestral Health epistemocrats:


The core health principles that we've all independently arrived at based on our own research, reflection, and n=1 self-experimenting reflects the same dynamics that we've seen play out in nature through the independent evolution of survival characteristics like flight. Bats and birds evolved the ability to fly independently of each another; this type of convergence tells me something. When diverse groups of people tinkering locally arrive at some key global concepts, like Mark's Primal Laws, then these health conjectures carry more weight with me when it comes to evaluating which ideas to test on my own body.

Nassim Taleb's epistemocracy is coalescing nicely.

It's quite a supportive community that we're forming.

To good health,

Brent

9 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. when are you coming to Scotland!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,

    I wish I could qualify for the British Open at St. Andrews this summer:

    http://www.standrews2010open.com/

    That would be a dream come true. lol. Since that's not happening anytime soon, I'd love to find another way to someday visit Scotland for some ancestral golfing at the home of golf!

    Maybe some positive Black Swan opportunity will emerge from the Scottish envelope of serendipity and fly me to Scotland for an Ancestral Health MeetUp. That'd be great.

    Cheers,

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris,

    My family just had a large family reunion in Scotland last summer. I was bummed cause I couldn't go (the kids are too young to make such a trip, at least with us extracting even a modicum of enjoyment out of it). I was in Scotland as a teenager in the early 80s and loved it. Beautiful country and wonderful people. Unfortunately, I was a bit young to enjoy the single-malt but hope to remedy that on a return visit someday in the future. If and when I do, I'll look you up. (and Peter from hyperlipid).

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the subject of MeetUps... We just started the "Eating Primal/Paleo in Montréal" group. I hope any of your readers in our area will join! http://goo.gl/PT1S (link to Facebook group)

    Thanks for running a great site!

    Cheers,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Josh.

    Cheers to spreading the movement one MeetUp at a time!

    Best,

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was there some kind of west coast paleo convention?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brent (and Aaron),

    It was good meeting you all. There's a certain strange energy given off by paleos in proximity to one another. Very powerful.

    I regret not grabbing a coffee, but the company was none the worse for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PrimalCon
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primalcon/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Glenn,

    No convention; I just met up with my friends.

    @Erik: Great meeting as well. Good vibes for sure. Next time grab some of that Intelligentsia goodness! Great coffee.

    @Anonymous: Yes, PrimalCon is awesome; folks should go enjoy Mark's hard work.

    Best,

    Brent

    ReplyDelete