Friday, February 25, 2011

My m=1 Microbiome: Data for Epimicrobiomics Thinkering

The whole truth is wholly elusive.

But that doesn't mean we don't try.

"Blind men and a elephant" is an insightful parable that frames truth-seeking perceptively: Given our personal opacities, we individually conceive varying realities to some degree, despite seeking the same underlying "truth" ultimately.

About four years ago, Craig Ventor published his personal genome online; he wanted the information content of his genetic material to be made freely available publicly; he wanted to advance the Human Genome Project using his n=1 DNA sequencing.

In a similar spirit, in light of the Human Microbiome Project, below are the results of a DNA analysis of my GI microbiota (thx2Dr.BG); that is, my m=1 personal microbiome:



Given the Gut-Brain connection, it's not a stretch to suggest that the m=1 microbiome interjects in our personal m=1 my-thologies when it comes to comprehending our reasons for being.

Personally, I suspect that my m=1 microbiome has something to say about my Raison d'etre at the end of the day.

"Seize the day" is what this epimicrobiomics plasticity has to say.

To good health,

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment